Re: Easily configurable firewall?

From: Rob Cessac (rob@nucleon.net)
Date: 12/07/01

Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 20:49:19 -0600
From: Rob Cessac <rob@nucleon.net>
To: Don Felgar <dfelgar@rainierinternet.com>

Don Felgar wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>By way of background: I need to set up seven firewall/VPN/NAT linux
>boxes now for some small branch offices, and several more down the
>road.

Smoothwall is a nice GPL Linux-based firewall solution that supports VPN
and NAT. It is very easy to install and includes a web-based admin
interface. See the web site for more:

http://www.smoothwall.org/

I have recently switched from using a LEAF (Linux Embedded Appliance Firewall) distribution to Smoothwall at home and can honestly say there is no comparison. Smoothwall is a great product!

Rob

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SAMBA (subnets) and a 3-homed DMZ IPChains fwall (IPCop/Smooth)
    ... I have the same problem using Smoothwall 0.9.9 SE GPL. ... have Green subnet boxes access Orange subnet boxes except by ping. ... > "server" box and various client boxes. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • OT [Kinda] All in one adsl/cable modem/router thingies.
    ... I've used various Linux distros in the past for firewall/routers on adsl ... and cable connections (smoothwall, RH, Slackware etc) and these boxes seem ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • All-in-one xdsl/cable modem/router/vpn units
    ... I've used various Linux distros in the past for firewall/routers on adsl ... and cable connections (smoothwall, RH, Slackware etc) and these boxes seem ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Smoothwall ports?
    ... I have a box set up with Smoothwall on it. ... running on my home network. ... I use Salive to check other boxes, ... have any ports that can be checked?? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)