RE: buffer overflow question

From: Dr Anish.M (anish.m@californiadigital.com)
Date: 12/06/01

From: "Dr Anish.M" <anish.m@californiadigital.com>
To: "Richard Masoner" <richardm@masoner.net>, "*jnf " <generic@techie.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 18:00:16 +0530

hope this helps ....
http://www.hhp-programming.net/yourpapers.html
http://www.siliconinc.net/hack/papers/basicoverflows/index.html
http://www.siliconinc.net/hack/papers/advancedoverflows/index.html
http://www.cultdeadcow.com/cDc_files/cDc-351/
http://www.windowsitsecurity.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=9199
http://community.core-sdi.com/~juliano/
>if anyone knows any local exploits for the
>linux os (x86) that would follow what one could
>consider to be a 'text-book- scenario of one,

Speaking of text-books, _Building Secure Software_ by Viega and McGraw (of
the Shmoo Group and Cigital, respectively) is an excellent text from a
software design viewpoint. It includes a step-by-step walk through of
creating a UNIX buffer overflow exploit.

Richard Masoner

Relevant Pages

  • RE: buffer overflow question
    ... >linux os (x86) that would follow what one could ... >consider to be a 'text-book- scenario of one, ... Richard Masoner ...
    (Vuln-Dev)
  • Re: Suche eine Inspiritation... :-)
    ... NetBSD zuerst probieren und dann erst Linux wenn man ein aktuelles OS ... verabschieden und auf X86 umzustellen. ... gekostet, Microsoft dabei zu helfen, das zu tun. ... Europa ist strategisch in einer optimalen Position fuer ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.misc)
  • Re: HP announces new Integrity servers
    ... alone VMS on Itanic, when Solaris on good old familiar x86 will fill the bill if they can't use Windows or Linux to do so? ... You want to suggest that that 'something else' somehow involves HP-UX or VMS on Itanic, when it's obvious that people already used to those x86 platforms will far more likely be attracted to Solaris on x86-64 if they can't break out of that Windows mind-set and expand using the same OSs that they currently use on x86. ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Looking for Microcontroller Recommendations
    ... 1080p movie. ... Why then would you release a netbook where none of the current x86 software binaries run? ... This sounds a bit strange from a Linux user. ... So do I, but this was about netbooks, not about some system you have the sources for. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Sun 220r Enterprises + Debian + Raptor GFX 8P
    ... > The thing is, I am not trying to run it on an x86 machine, I am ... Linux on Sparc, though, IIRC, some have in the past. ... linux Raptor GFX 8P graphics card ... Are you using the Permedia framebuffer driver on console? ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)