Re: Spam filter software

From: hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org
Date: 12/06/01

Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 12:27:00 +0100 (CET)
From: <hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org>
To: "focus-linux@securityfocus.com" <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>

On 4 Dec 2001, Tim Haynes wrote:

> Andy Pham <apham@rejuvenation.com> writes:
>
> Me, I "discovered" _spamassassin_ yesterday, and today it picked up 100% of
> my spams (ie all one of them ;) . <http://spamassassin.taint.org/>, IIRC.

Done the setup myself yesterday and it seems to do it work just fine.
However I have not seen a way to integrate it into sendmail. It now is
started by procmail but not all of us are at liberty to have a local mail
delivery.

So I would love to know if someone got it hooked up directly into sendmail
itself.

Hugo.

--
All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.
    hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/

Relevant Pages

  • How can I pass auth info to Smart_host
    ... Setup: Gentoo Linux ... reflect a fresh restart of sendmail then a cmdline mail attemtp. ... Using mail -v I see some of the smtp conversation but it gets to the ... MASQUERADE_ASdnl ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Smtp auth where does the secret stuff get injected
    ... This time its Gentoo linux: ... setup sendmail and keep on stepping. ... local sendmail to pass the right auth to the remote smtp Smart_host. ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: Kickstart installing what I tell it not to
    ... Also when doing an rpm -e sendmail shouldn't rpm say mdadm depends on ... >> I am try to setup a ks.cfg and every time I run an install with my ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: E-Mail services on personal workstation
    ... the machine uses the ``outgoing mail server'' managed by my ISP. ... have difficulty sending mail out directly from your server to the ... The `mailertable' feature is a very flexible characteristic of Sendmail, ... setup for both work-related emails and non-work email. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: setup mail server
    ... > Hi, this is the first time I'm dealing with setting up email server, I ... I've done this several times over for work - what sort of setup were you ... The steps I took were buying the sendmail book and reading how the ...
    (Fedora)