Re: Bandwidth management

From: José Luis Domingo López (jdomingo@internautas.org)
Date: 12/05/01

Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 23:29:14 +0100
From: José Luis Domingo López <jdomingo@internautas.org>
To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

On Wednesday, 05 December 2001, at 12:44:56 -0800,
Seth Arnold wrote:

> I'm hoping this website will be useful to you:
> http://ds9a.nl/2.4Routing
>
> As far as I can tell, the tools remain undocumented, and this is the
> best attempt to document them yet.

In recent days there have been a couple of announces on linux-kernel
mailing list with respect "to ongoning and about to be finished"
documentation of both tc util and queuing disciplines (CBQ and so on).

This is from the same people you gave the link above, just check the
page for news and see the improved documentation.

Apart from CBQ, there are some other queuing disciplines available, both
in the kernel and outside (as patches). For example, HTB seems to be
quite well documented, and the author argues it is working nicely :)
http://www.cdi.cz/~devik/qos/htb

--
José Luis Domingo López
Linux Registered User #189436     Debian Linux Woody (P166 64 MB RAM)

jdomingo EN internautas PUNTO org  => ¿ Spam ? Atente a las consecuencias
jdomingo AT internautas DOT   org  => Spam at your own risk

Relevant Pages