Re: Bandwidth management

From: Seth Arnold (sarnold@wirex.com)
Date: 12/05/01

Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 12:44:56 -0800
From: Seth Arnold <sarnold@wirex.com>
To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 01:34:29AM +0200, Mario R. Pizzolanti wrote:
> Does anyone of a way to control the amount of bandwidth a subnet gets
> from a linux gateway? It's very easy to do in FreeBSD with Dummynet.
> Unfortunately, I've been unable to find a linux utility for that
> purpose.

I don't know anyone that has done it under Linux; however, tools exist,
or claim to exist, so it must be possible. (I've seen people use AltQ
from KAME under OpenBSD, btw..)

I'm hoping this website will be useful to you:
http://ds9a.nl/2.4Routing

As far as I can tell, the tools remain undocumented, and this is the
best attempt to document them yet.

Cheers!

--
Join the fight against terrorism by giving up your liberties today!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: FreeBSD 4.x Opteron Question
    ... the FreeBSD developers told everyone that 5.3 was da ... initially over linux not because there's a bunch of good guys on the ... My tests measure kernel performance; ... > a networking device is a key performance indicator. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: FreeBSD has serious problems with focus, longevity, and lifecycle
    ... my freeBSD days seem to be coming to an end. ... freeBSD will be support this GPU in R9... ... i really like freeBSD's robustness, especially compared to linux, among ... tight, we run CentOS, which is essentially a repackaged version of RHEL. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: Newbie Experience
    ... I've only been around since FreeBSD 5.4 ... FreeBSD kernel too. ... always sunshine and linux is farts. ... in the hey day of AT&T Unix I'm ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: flowtable usable or not
    ... How long did they raped Linux to get it that way looking? ... well, right or wrong, that is then issue for whom likes to compile, we ... the user domain of FreeBSD is shrinking. ... almost composed of developers or insiders or programmers or lovers, ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Re: Review of FreeBSD 5.4
    ... but not less problems compared to FreeBSD. ... If you like to have a bleeding edge system using debian --- just go ... > the linux kernel suffers. ... When the kernel suffers, everyone who uses ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)