Re: Bandwidth management

From: Seth Arnold (sarnold@wirex.com)
Date: 12/05/01

Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 12:44:56 -0800
From: Seth Arnold <sarnold@wirex.com>
To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 01:34:29AM +0200, Mario R. Pizzolanti wrote:
> Does anyone of a way to control the amount of bandwidth a subnet gets
> from a linux gateway? It's very easy to do in FreeBSD with Dummynet.
> Unfortunately, I've been unable to find a linux utility for that
> purpose.

I don't know anyone that has done it under Linux; however, tools exist,
or claim to exist, so it must be possible. (I've seen people use AltQ
from KAME under OpenBSD, btw..)

I'm hoping this website will be useful to you:
http://ds9a.nl/2.4Routing

As far as I can tell, the tools remain undocumented, and this is the
best attempt to document them yet.

Cheers!

--
Join the fight against terrorism by giving up your liberties today!