Re: Spam filter software

From: Kyle Wheeler (
Date: 12/05/01

Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 00:18:50 -0500
To: Andy Pham <>
From: Kyle Wheeler <>

On Tuesday, December 4, 2001, at 01:00 PM, Andy Pham wrote:

> My mail server received overwhelming number of spam everyday, and it's
> getting worst since last week. So I'm researching some good spam filter
> software, any helps will be appreciated. Thanks. I'm using Linux 7.1
> and qmail.

Use the spam filter that DJB makes for it - rblsmtpd. Basically, you run
rblsmtpd and give it qmail as it's argument (he suggests using it with
tcpserver). By default, rblsmtpd uses MAPS RBL (
So, the command would be something like this:

rblsmtpd /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1

You can add more realtime blacklists by nesting rblsmtpd in itself, like

rblsmtpd rblsmtpd /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd 2>&1
You can use tcpserver as an access-control mechanism for email relaying,
too. Read all about it in Adam D. McKenna's Howto:

~Kyle Wheeler

Backups are for wimps. Real men upload their data to an FTP site and
have everyone else mirror it.
-- Linus Torvalds