Apache-SSL or mod_ssl?

From: Casey Allen Shobe (cshobe@softhome.net)
Date: 11/25/01

From: Casey Allen Shobe <cshobe@softhome.net>
To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com
Subject: Apache-SSL or mod_ssl?
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 19:11:21 -0500

I've just setup Apache-SSL, which is basically a set of patches applied to
the apache source that builds httpsd instead when finished. The advantage
that I see is that there are two distinct binaries, configuration files, etc.
However I was curious if anybody could give me a good breakdown of
differences between Apache-SSL and mod_ssl for Apache from a security
standpoint. Are there any security advantages/drawbacks to using one over
the other?

Thanks for any advice,

--
Casey Allen Shobe