Re: logging/blocking aol/yahoo/msn instant messages

From: Gordon Ewasiuk (gewasiuk@gnmc.net)
Date: 10/18/01

Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 00:42:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gordon Ewasiuk <gewasiuk@gnmc.net>
To: Chris Campbell <Chris_Campbell@fac.com>
Subject: Re: logging/blocking aol/yahoo/msn instant messages

On Monday, Chris Campbell wrote:

>I have been asked to log all aim converstaion, since I work for a financial
>firm and
>compliance wants to lock down information getting outside. Has anyone done
>this before, and can reccommend something to try? I thought maybe snort
>or something of the sort would maybe do it, but I havent really done my
>research yet. Thanks.

Hi Chris,

Dsniff says it can capture AIM, Yahoo, and a few other IM client messages.

http://www.monkey.org/~dugsong/dsniff/

-Gordon

Gordon Ewasiuk, Certifed Sun Fanatic, Winstar VHC
The REAL office number is here-----> 703.893.4901
Tired of BSODs, My Computer, and Code Red?
http://www.sun.com/solaris/binaries/