Re: blocking ip's with proftpd

From: Eugenio Mastroviti (eugeniom@gointernet.co.uk)
Date: 10/12/01

Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:34:23 +0100
From: Eugenio Mastroviti <eugeniom@gointernet.co.uk>
To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com
Subject: Re: blocking ip's with proftpd

Kaos wrote:

> Can anyone shed some light on how I can deny ip's with proftpd?

Maybe I misunderstood the question, but isn't that what tcpwrapper
exists for?

Eugenio

--
Peace is our profession -- mass murder's just a hobby

Relevant Pages

  • Re: blocking ips with proftpd
    ... > Can anyone shed some light on how I can deny ip's with proftpd? ... With tcpserver you can tell it to listen on ports ... listens is called tcpserver and you can tell it to ignore or allow certain ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: blocking ips with proftpd
    ... > Can anyone shed some light on how I can deny ip's with proftpd? ... You'll want to use a firewall like ipchains or iptables ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: blocking ips with proftpd
    ... Subject: blocking ip's with proftpd ... > Can anyone shed some light on how I can deny ip's with proftpd? ... > I cant find anything on the web...... ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • proftpd 1.2.10 and hosts.allow
    ... Is anyone using hosts.allow to limit access to proftpd? ... proftpd: ALL: deny ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)