Re: Identd DoS AttacksFrom: Mathieu Desnoyers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Previous message: R Dicaire: "2.4.11 issues"
- In reply to: Nick Sugiero: "Identd DoS Attacks"
- Next in thread: Jose Nazario: "Re: Identd DoS Attacks"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 16:29:47 -0400 From: Mathieu Desnoyers <email@example.com> To: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Re: Identd DoS Attacks Message-ID: <20011011162947.A5282@Krystal>
Maybe trying to add max number of inetd spawned, in your /etc/inetd.conf, will help
lines in inetd.conf should look like
service socket protocol nowait.max user .......
The wait or nowait can take a .max parameter that limits the number of instances of inetd spawned in 60 seconds. You just have to adjust this value to the capacity of your CPU, and it should work.
-- OpenPGP public key: http://krystal.dyndns.org/key/compudj.gpg Key fingerprint: 8CD5 52C3 8E3C 4140 715F BA06 3F25 A8FE 3BAE 9A68
- application/pgp-signature attachment: stored