Re: kazaa,gnutella,aimster blocks

From: ksemat@wawa.eahd.or.ug
Date: 10/11/01

Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:20:18 +0300 (EAT)
From: <ksemat@wawa.eahd.or.ug>
To: Seth Arnold <sarnold@wirex.com>
Subject: Re: kazaa,gnutella,aimster blocks

You could use iproute2 to manage bandwidth. Thus the people whose machines
take up all of the bandwidth can be restricted to a fixed upper limit
leaving the rest for the other users.

Noah.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Creating a local RPM repository
    ... employees to use Fedora on their machines instead of Windows. ... concerns is the bandwidth tied up by multiple machines downloading the ... same RPMs through our Internet gateway. ... This would have reduced the bandwidth clog on our gateway ...
    (Fedora)
  • E4900
    ... I was wondering if any of you had experience with the E4900 machines, ... One vendor is pricing a Sunfire rack with it. ... 64bit PCI which have a maximum bandwidth of 4Gbit. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Larrabee delayed: anyone know whats happening?
    ... Can you give some idea of how large an FFT you want to do? ... For the bigger machines, ... reported to the press have an embarrassing bisection bandwidth. ...  Well, if physics is narrow. ...
    (comp.arch)
  • Re: Creating a local RPM repository
    ... On of my concerns is the bandwidth tied up by multiple machines downloading the same RPMs through our Internet gateway. ... This would have reduced the bandwidth clog on our gateway and reduced the install time due to the updates coming from a local source. ... If you have an administrator who can run the upgrades, or at least tell the users when to upgrade, then you download each new rpm only once, it is left in the shared storage, and the next machine to need it gets it locally. ... My machines tend to use 90% the same packages, and 10% application packages based on use. ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: Limit one machines bandwidth?
    ... If you are using Secure NAT create a client address set for that one user's ... Subject: Limit one machines bandwidth? ...
    (microsoft.public.isaserver)