Re: AW: Unknown Process

From: linux (educm@softhome.net)
Date: 10/10/01

From: linux <educm@softhome.net>
To: vogt@hansenet.com
Subject: Re: AW: Unknown Process
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 21:25:49 +0200

On Tuesday 09 October 2001 09:55, you wrote:
> > Recently I've notice through top, a process running
> > called "3" which
> > takes up all my spare CPU cycles. Would anyone know what this is?
>
> which OS? on Linux you can check /proc/(pid)/* - for example, if your
> process has the pid 5000, then /proc/5000/exe would contain a copy of the
> executable and /proc/5000/cmdline would contain the full commandline used
> to call it.
If you have "Make CPU Idle calls when idle" enabled in the kernel general
setup configuration, disabled it for remove that process

Relevant Pages

  • AW: Unknown Process
    ... Subject: AW: Unknown Process ... > Recently I've notice through top, a process running ... > takes up all my spare CPU cycles. ... executable and /proc/5000/cmdline would contain the full commandline used to ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: Unknown Process
    ... Subject: Unknown Process ... > Recently I've notice through top, a process running called "3" which ... > takes up all my spare CPU cycles. ... compare this list against what you can find out using nmap from ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • RE: Unknown Process
    ... This is the distributed.net client ... > Subject: Unknown Process ... > Recently I've notice through top, a process running ... > takes up all my spare CPU cycles. ...
    (Focus-Linux)