RE: Weird stuff in Apache logs... what is this junk?

From: David Ramsden (david@hexstream.f9.co.uk)
Date: 10/09/01

Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 10:51:06 +0100
From: David Ramsden <david@hexstream.f9.co.uk>
To: Bugtraq - Focus Linux <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>, Rob 'Feztaa' Park <fezziker@home.com>
Subject: RE: Weird stuff in Apache logs... what is this junk?

>===== Original Message From Rob 'Feztaa' Park <fezziker@home.com> =====
>Is this some kind of new worm, or is this part of Nimda?

[snip]

Thats Nimda alright.

David.

--
David Ramsden..
.. at college.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: nimda tries to send mail after reboot
    ... nimda tries to send mail after reboot ... I got a few copies of this worm this afternoon. ... The 'client fix' posted to a few lists earlier does not work. ... > and tracking system please see: http://aris.securityfocus.com ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: Apache again
    ... >> This is not the original Nimda. ... >> Above two redirection is ineffective for worm. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • RE: nimda tries to send mail after reboot
    ... nimda tries to send mail after reboot ... routers. ... > Messages bearing the worm are starting to trickle in, ...
    (Incidents)
  • RE: MS SQL WORM IS DESTROYING INTERNET BLOCK PORT 1434!
    ... > like a concept worm with no malicious payload. ... "threat to national security") and makes all manner of noises about how ... > picture and recognize the increased security hardening the Internet just ... Hell, Nimda came out on September 18, 2001 and I have YET to see ...
    (Bugtraq)