Re: qmail file filter

From: Paul Lussier (pll@mclinux.com)
Date: 10/05/01

To: sopapa@ciudad.com.ar
Subject: Re: qmail file filter
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 15:33:33 -0400
From: Paul Lussier <pll@mclinux.com>

In a message dated: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 17:11:03 -0300
Alejandro Perretta said:

>Anyone knows a way to filter files by extension? ex. *.vbs *.exe.
>I use qmail with Maildir.....

If qmail can work with procmail then use that. Otherwise you can
roll your own by writing a perl filter using the Mail::Audit module.

--

Seeya, Paul ----

God Bless America!

...we don't need to be perfect to be the best around, and we never stop trying to be better. Tom Clancy, The Bear and The Dragon

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Jargons of Info Tech industry
    ... > Let procmail make all those decisions and transformations for you. ... I prefer qmail dot-commands. ... controlling the delivery of email, and lets you write the smarts of ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: how does this spam abuse of Received: header work?
    ... Can someone tell me why qmail is saying the message is from the sending email address rather than the sending host, as it appears to be doing. ... The recipe above is just a filter. ... One way to know for sure is to enable logging on procmail in procmail and then pipe the message into procmail and see what data is logged. ... using the \/ will get the matched data set in the MATCH variable ...
    (comp.mail.misc)