AW: need help with iptables Port forwarding

From: vogt@hansenet.com
Date: 10/02/01

From: vogt@hansenet.com
To: delusi0n@bellsouth.net, focus-linux@securityfocus.com
Subject: AW: need help with iptables Port forwarding
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 15:05:31 +0200

> # iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i ppp0 -p tcp --dport 5500 \
> -j DNAT --to-dest 192.168.0.11
>
> it goes through without any errors, but when i try to connect
> to the service
> usign my external ip it says Host Refused connection. i also
> tried port
> scanning for this port, and it doesnt find it. Please help me
> solve this ASAP.

remember that the packet will still traverse the normal chains (especially
FORWARD), so you have to make sure it isn't rejected there.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: need help with iptables Port forwarding
    ... need help with iptables Port forwarding ... connect specifying the IP address of your linux... ... and it doesnt find it. ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Why are developers choosing to...
    ... > sort of encryption, typically SSL, across a non-standard port (say ... > 10443) and then having those URLs blow up when they try to traverse the ... Why not just use the standard secure ... Is there something that makes SSL across ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Thank you 83LowRider
    ... I had them on tape, but this is an EZ way to get them in the computer and hear the on the port for traverse de larue sotspeek ...
    (rec.music.beatles)