Re: need help with iptables Port forwarding

From: Brian Clifton (brian@omegadm.co.uk)
Date: 10/02/01

From: "Brian Clifton" <brian@omegadm.co.uk>
To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 09:43:53 +0100
Subject: Re: need help with iptables Port forwarding

You could get this working very quicky with redir.rpm. Redir is a port
redirector

> hi, i just set up ip masquerading, so im usign my linux box as my
> router. I have an internal box running a service that i need to make
> available to the outside. the port is 5500 and the internal ip of the
> box is 192.168.0.11, heres what i tried:

Omega Digital Media Ltd

       I N T E G R A T E D W E B S O L U T I O N S

Phone: +44 (0) 1444 410202
Fax: +44 (0) 1444 412909

http://www.omegadm.co.uk
Cuckfield House, High Street, Cuckfield, West Sussex RH17 5EL

Relevant Pages

  • May be redir or bash genertes "Cannot duplicate fd 0: Bad file descriptor (EBADF)" error
    ... While I was trying to port Make-3.82 I have observed that the testsuite ... produces different amount of errors depending what options I use with redir. ... can I trust the port? ... Running tests for GNU make on MS-DOS MEIN_COM 5 i786 ...
    (comp.os.msdos.djgpp)
  • Re: OT:Document Mangement
    ... > Note that for some reason, IE doesn't like port numbers with ... > I'm guessing that the redirector only works on a single port basis ... The redirector is quite happy with ports as it just forwards it to my ... for another and have IIS set to recognise host headers and point it the ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)