Re: Ipsec - vpn on iptables

From: Fabrice MARIE (fabrice@celestix.com)
Date: 09/10/01

From: Fabrice MARIE <fabrice@celestix.com>
To: <red@bluewin.ch>, <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: Ipsec - vpn on iptables
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 05:20:47 +0000

Hello Georges,

On Saturday 08 September 2001 08:38, red@bluewin.ch wrote:
> Hi @ all,
> It's the first time I'm writing here, i.e. a newby ;-)
> I'm using a Linux with iptables for firewall
> I would like to install ipsec to connect for vpn, and I might need some
> help. My questions:
> 1. Is there a good how-to manual for creating the ipsec/vpn somewhere on
> the net ?

You might want to have a look at :
http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/freeswan-1.91/doc/index.html

> 2. To connect to this vpn with a win2000-client, which possibilities do
> exist ?

http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/freeswan-1.91/doc/interop.html

Have a nice day,

Fabrice,

--
Fabrice MARIE
Senior R&D Engineer

"Silly hacker, root is for administrators" -Unknown

Relevant Pages

  • Re: VPN WITH FREES/WAN and IPTABLES
    ... The IPTables and IPSEC server are set up on my machine. ... VPN up and running using the instructions from that page. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Ipsec - vpn on iptables
    ... I'm using a Linux with iptables for firewall ... I would like to install ipsec to connect for vpn, ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: Secure VPN access
    ... Is there any document or a guidance one about configuring IPSec ... available in Microsoft SBS server side also. ... do you mean you want to create VPN between SBS and a ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: VPN From W2K/Pro to W2K Server Doesn;t Work Through Firewall
    ... My belief is that your NAT ... My understanding is that IPSec AH protocol does not work with NAT devices ... IPSec operates in either one of two modes - transport mode or tunnel mode. ... provide a VPN remote access solution. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: VPN From W2K/Pro to W2K Server Doesn;t Work Through Firewall
    ... and VPN client. ... >performing the gateway, routing and NATting. ... >> that do not have IPsec passthrough because the IP ... >> while tunnel mode protects the IP layer as well. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)