Re: under /tmp dir on RH7.1

From: Seth Arnold (sarnold@wirex.com)
Date: 08/17/01

Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:40:22 -0700
From: Seth Arnold <sarnold@wirex.com>
To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com
Subject: Re: under /tmp dir on RH7.1

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 04:25:00PM -0600, Jim Clarke wrote:
> I have noticed some connections by programs under /tmp such as:
> ..ICE-unix and I am not sure exactly what this is any ideas?

This is part of X. 'iceauth' and 'X' are the two manpages on my system I
found that mention anything about ICE, though they are less than
completely helpful.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ice maker problem
    ... Possibly pulling the connections on and off the solenoid valve made ... Inside every ice maker that I've ever worked on there is a microswitch ... the heat generated from the motor running a few dry cycles thawed it ... and the heat generated by the cycling will keep the inside dry of ice. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: 14:34 London to Brussels 24-Oct.
    ... Timekeeping (even without the latest ICE problems) is exceedingly fragile and the few minutes connections very risky. ... and the move to St Pancras saves just 17 minutes overall. ... Eurostar 9110 is currently re-timed to leave at 08:25 and as a result does not connect with the ICE in Brussels. ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: 14:34 London to Brussels 24-Oct.
    ... Timekeeping (even without the latest ICE problems) is exceedingly fragile and the few minutes connections very risky. ... London St Pancras International dep 07:10 Eurostar 9110 ...
    (uk.railway)