Re: strange connection on port 111.. more question

From: Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org)
Date: 08/16/01

Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 02:37:41 +0200 (CEST)
From: Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org>
Subject: Re: strange connection on port 111.. more question

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, xyros wrote:

> thx for kind replies.. it's helpful for me :)
>
> i know system reconstruction is the best way.. but that's not allowed to me yet *sniff*
>
> I'm trying find the hacking proof..

If you can't determine for sure you have cleaned out all backdoor's and
such you are not able to bring the server back online.

Hugo.

--
All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.
    hvdkooij@vanderkooij.org		http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Strange Connection Attempts
    ... I haven't taken the time yet to see what runs on 17300 tcp. ... > Subject: Strange Connection Attempts ... > attempts on my router to port 1756. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: Strange Connection Attempts
    ... Port 17300 is apparently the backdoor of Kuang2. ... it myself on a little ol' dialup line. ... increase in scans for tcp port 3389. ... > Subject: Strange Connection Attempts ...
    (Security-Basics)