Re: strange connection on port 111.. more question

From: Hugo van der Kooij (
Date: 08/16/01

Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 02:37:41 +0200 (CEST)
From: Hugo van der Kooij <>
Subject: Re: strange connection on port 111.. more question

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, xyros wrote:

> thx for kind replies.. it's helpful for me :)
> i know system reconstruction is the best way.. but that's not allowed to me yet *sniff*
> I'm trying find the hacking proof..

If you can't determine for sure you have cleaned out all backdoor's and
such you are not able to bring the server back online.

All email send to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage.
	    for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Strange Connection Attempts
    ... I haven't taken the time yet to see what runs on 17300 tcp. ... > Subject: Strange Connection Attempts ... > attempts on my router to port 1756. ...
  • RE: Strange Connection Attempts
    ... Port 17300 is apparently the backdoor of Kuang2. ... it myself on a little ol' dialup line. ... increase in scans for tcp port 3389. ... > Subject: Strange Connection Attempts ...