Re: Disabling X and KDM from listening on a port.

From: skylinux (skylinux@earthlink.net)
Date: 08/15/01

Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 19:32:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: skylinux <skylinux@earthlink.net>
To: <focus-linux@securityfocus.com>
Subject: Re: Disabling X and KDM from listening on a port.

Just checked my Slackware 8.0 box and it's also listening on port 6000.
Even if you use startx.

Skylinux

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Best Plan of action for 2 forest.......
    ... PortQry reports the status of a port in one of the following ways: ... ..LISTENING This response indicates that a process is listening on the target ...
  • Re: RIP issue with HMC - security violation?
    ... using an UDP port, 520, which would normally imply that there was a Routing ... Information Protocol (RIP) process behind it capable of modifying the routing ... as a "listening" state for the application. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: RealVNC
    ... If we are talking about RealVNC it goes this way ... Then there is default Java listening port on port 5800 on the client machine ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Cant join a domain
    ... Attempting to resolve name to IP address... ... TCP port 42: NOT LISTENING ...