Re: Disabling X and KDM from listening on a port.

From: Dragos Ruiu (dr@kyx.net)
Date: 08/14/01

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr@kyx.net>
To: <m4@bway.net>, focus-linux@securityfocus.com
Subject: Re: Disabling X and KDM from listening on a port.
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 03:59:13 -0700

Firewall those ports off with ipfilter, ipchains or whatever
you use as a network firewall.

cheers,
--dr

--
Dragos Ruiu <dr@dursec.com>   dursec.com ltd. / kyx.net - we're from the future
gpg/pgp key on file at wwwkeys.pgp.net or at http://dursec.com/drkey.asc

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Best Plan of action for 2 forest.......
    ... PortQry reports the status of a port in one of the following ways: ... ..LISTENING This response indicates that a process is listening on the target ...
  • Re: RealVNC
    ... If we are talking about RealVNC it goes this way ... Then there is default Java listening port on port 5800 on the client machine ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RIP issue with HMC - security violation?
    ... using an UDP port, 520, which would normally imply that there was a Routing ... Information Protocol (RIP) process behind it capable of modifying the routing ... as a "listening" state for the application. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Cant join a domain
    ... Attempting to resolve name to IP address... ... TCP port 42: NOT LISTENING ...
  • Re: Error with domain trusts - 2003 to 2003
    ... UDP port 3268: NOT LISTENING ... Domain Functional Level Windows 2003 Native ... The outgoing trust was successfully validated. ...