Disabling X and KDM from listening on a port.

From: m4@bway.net
Date: 08/13/01

Date: 13 Aug 2001 18:54:30 -0000
From: <m4@bway.net>
To: focus-linux@securityfocus.com
Subject: Disabling X and KDM from listening on a port.

Hi I am currently running RedHat 6.2 with KDE
1.1.2. Currently I find X11 listening on port 6000
and KDM listening on port 1024. I want to continue
to run both X and KDE but I have no need nor do I
want them listening on a port for incomming
connections. How do I disable them from listening
on a port while still allowing me to run both X
and KDE?

Thanks in advance,
m4@bway.net

P.S Sorry if this question is painfully dull for
any of the readers of this mailing list, I'm still
new too Linux and Linux security.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Disabling X and KDM from listening on a port.
    ... Disabling X and KDM from listening on a port. ... Dabei stoßen Entwickler, die mit Linux arbeiten, ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: Best Plan of action for 2 forest.......
    ... PortQry reports the status of a port in one of the following ways: ... ..LISTENING This response indicates that a process is listening on the target ...
  • Re: RealVNC
    ... If we are talking about RealVNC it goes this way ... Then there is default Java listening port on port 5800 on the client machine ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RIP issue with HMC - security violation?
    ... using an UDP port, 520, which would normally imply that there was a Routing ... Information Protocol (RIP) process behind it capable of modifying the routing ... as a "listening" state for the application. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Cant join a domain
    ... Attempting to resolve name to IP address... ... TCP port 42: NOT LISTENING ...