Re: IPTables Firewall

From: Hal Flynn (
Date: 08/10/01

Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 13:43:42 -0600 (MDT)
From: Hal Flynn <>
To: <>
Subject: Re: IPTables Firewall

> I hear you guys talk about your firewall all the time, and I was
> wondering if you would post your firewall so some of us newbies
> can construct our own with pieces of each of yours. Thanks ahead
> of time.....

I'll be holding posts until Tuesday on this. If you'd like to submit
a firewall ruleset to be listed, please do. I'll post your ruleset,
and give you credit at the bottom of your ruleset in one large summary
post on Wednesday.

Relevant Pages

  • [HOWTO] IPFW: Vector-Based Modularity
    ... Complex Firewall ... For this purpose the local host should be considered an interface of its own in the form of the IPFW alias, ... The IPFW ruleset begins with a series of skipto rules directing matching traffic to a rule module. ... 00400 set 0 deny ip from any to any ...
  • Re: pf and ftp proxy for lan ftp clients
    ... My suggestion is to make a really simple ruleset and, ... Pass in traffic from the Internet to the services on the firewall and ... At this point you can test connectivity from an external ... Pass in traffic from the LAN to the services on the firewall and keep ...
  • Re: Any ongoing effort to port /etc/rc.d/pf_boot, /etc/pf.boot.conf from NetBSD ?
    ... That would then block all packets on all interfaces, until a ruleset is ... resolution over network), you'd need to first load a simpler temporary ... Having a firewall open for half a second (is it ... If you are to protect your company network or your customers network, ...
  • RE: Firewall Rule Set not allowing access to DNS servers?
    ... are rules to control access to the public internet from LAN users. ... Firewall Rule Set not allowing access to DNS servers? ... There are many ways in which your ruleset might break. ...
  • Re: Firewall Best Practices
    ... I say "notices enough to tell anyone", the network behind the firewall might ... If you cannot figure out what a rules does, then study the documentation, ... test the rule or preferably the complete ruleset in an ... ..and keep those logs as long as possible. ...