RE: Question

From: Nathan E. Pralle (npralle@creativesolutionsunlimited.com)
Date: 07/31/01

Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:47:02 -0500
To: focus-linux@lists.securityfocus.com
From: "Nathan E. Pralle" <npralle@creativesolutionsunlimited.com>
Subject: RE: Question

Ah, my bad. Clarification is needed.

I've tried a lot of different kinds of "single-disk" firewall solutions. I
can do packet forwarding and ipchains and all that good stuff, that's not
my issue. I'm trying to find a nice, small, easily manageable distro that
runs on lower end hardware and works well, including Modem PPP support.

Sorry for the ambiguity.

> > On a similar note, does anyone know of a good Linux-based firewall that
> > has
> > modem PPP support? For those of us stuck in the middle of Nowhere, where
> > dial-up is still prevalent and broadband scarce, this would be nice.
> >
> > Thanks!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Question
    ... > can do packet forwarding and ipchains and all that good stuff, ... I'm trying to find a nice, small, easily manageable distro that ... > runs on lower end hardware and works well, including Modem PPP support. ...
    (Focus-Linux)
  • Re: Received fax errors after running SFC.exe
    ... Rockwell DPF External Modem ... Please understand we only provide technical support for the hardware in HCL ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Best fax modem settings to receive from multifunction devices?
    ... I guess I'll have to start a new thread to look for 33.6k fax support. ... "Gregg Hill" wrote: ... does not support Fax Class 2.1 speeds. ... defaults, reset the COM ports to default, reset the Modem speed to ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: I shoulda known better!
    ... Speaking/Voice response ATM machine is one of the stupidest tech ... Tech support agreed but said it could be the ... at work) I ordered a new modem. ... Don't computers talk to each ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Canon Pixma MP750?
    ... Canon as an AIO is not as mature. ... lack of driver refinement. ... On a device that has a fax modem all one needs to use is use ... see the need to offer pc to fax support on an AIO as pc to fax support ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)