iPhone, meet Wireshark...

If you wanted to see what the apps on your mobile device are up to,
current instructions on the web involve jail-breaking, setting up
access-points and hubs and what not. It's gotta be lot simpler than
that. This should help those of you that are testing DPI, Application
Identification and IPS to keep up with the latest mobile apps.

Blog: http://bit.ly/cBFvDd
Code: http://github.com/pcapr/l2bridge

A couple of things you can do with the packets you can capture:
. Use http://www.pcapr.net/xtractr to analyze the apps, generate
reports and charts and go to town
. Be nice and share non-sensitive application traffic back to the
pcapr community

May the packets be with you!

Thanks,
The Pcapr Team
http://www.pcapr.net/
http://twitter.com/pcapr
http://labs.mudynamics.com

Securing Your Online Data Transfer with SSL.
A guide to understanding SSL certificates, how they operate and their application. By making use of an SSL certificate on your web server, you can securely collect sensitive information online, and increase business by giving your customers confidence that their transactions are safe.
http://www.dinclinx.com/Redirect.aspx?36;5001;25;1371;0;1;946;9a80e04e1a17f194

Relevant Pages

  • Re: no search???
    ... gave us third-party apps. ... It's one of the very first few apps I install on any new Windows Mobile device. ... Is there any setting in WM2003SE (like in Windows) to make it show all these features in a straight forward manner? ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: no search???
    ... gave us third-party apps. ... It's one of the very first few apps I install on any new Windows Mobile device. ... Is there any setting in WM2003SE (like in Windows) to make it show all these features in a straight forward manner? ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: no search???
    ... A much better search function is available in the third-party freeware file manager Total Commander. ... It's one of the very first few apps I install on any new Windows Mobile device. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: In-app purchases and multiple devices
    ... the Ezra games on the iPhone but they seem to be asking me to buy them ... again the iPad. ... any other mobile device you have wirelessly yet, ... He's not talking about buying apps on mobile devices, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • [opensuse] Re: Interactive Firewall Needed
    ... But the packets are not linked to apps, ... The SUSE Firewall is based on iptables, ... the logical conclusion is that Linux is not as advanced as Windows. ...
    (SuSE)