Re: 10Gbps IPS - what you need to know

Ravi Chunduru wrote:
This is impressive. I wonder what is in there under the hood in McAfee box.

Copied from the test report: "The device ably supported over 11Gbps
of traffic with the larger HTTP response sizes (21KB) and lower
connections per second (5,000 CPS per Gigabit of traffic) found on
typical corporate networks".

It appears to be some calcualtion mistake! It comes to around
820-830Mbps (21Kbytes * 5000 ), not 11Gbps throughput!

Per gigabit of traffic.

At 1Gbps, they would see 820Mbs or so outbound from the servers.

At 10Gbps, they would see 8200 Mbs outboud.

--
-- John E. Jasen (jjasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
-- No one will sorrow for me when I die, because those who would

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 10Gbps IPS - what you need to know
    ... Copied from the test report:  "The device ably supported over 11Gbps ... of traffic with the larger HTTP response sizes and lower ... connections per second (5,000 CPS per Gigabit of traffic) found on ... they would see 8200 Mbs outboud. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: Digital switch over query
    ... > switch and, if necessary, upgrade the NICs in the PCs that are intended ... possible gigabit speed. ... possible out of whatever combination of link connections that arise in ... test results for FreeNAS and the Ubuntu server ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Very slow SMB performance on one interface of a multi-homed server
    ... I have completely disabled NetBIOS on all connections, ... I tried bridging the gigabit and LAN connections (thinking that I ... switch, then going to a more "traditional" topology in which all the ...
  • Re: home network multihoming (newbie)
    ... >>on my home network. ... I want to connect B and A over gigabit ... file access over 100Mb connections thru a hub, ... >will communicate at the higher speeds. ...
  • Re: home network multihoming (newbie)
    ... Assign static IPs to the extra GB card in each PCs, ... I want to connect B and A over gigabit ... > file access over 100Mb connections thru a hub, ... >>will communicate at the higher speeds. ...