Tcpreplay 3.4.0 is officially out

I'm happy to announce that Tcpreplay 3.4.0 is out and posted to
Sourceforge. This is a pretty large release in terms of bugs fixed
and enhancements in tcpreplay, tcprewrite and tcpbridge so I've
included the changelog below.

Grab it here: http://tcpreplay.synfin.net/trac/wiki/Download

Now I'm switching gears and I'm starting to work on Tcpreplay 4.0 with
Abdelrazak Younes. Abdel has offered to create a cross platform QT
GUI for Tcpreplay and so I'm working on the backend to make this
possible. I'm really excited to have an experienced GUI developer
like Abdel helping out to make Tcpreplay easier for people to use.

Changelog:

01/15/2009: Version 3.4.0
- Add libdnet and remove libnet support for sending packets (#302)
- Fix numerous 802.11 decoder bugs (#325)
- Fix compile issue under Linux (#326)
- Fix Mbps/sec nonsense (#327)
- Fix tcprewrite crash when packets have no L3+ data (#328)
- Clean up err.c/err.h code and improve performance for non-debug
builds (#331)
- Fix timesdiv() timer code (#332)
- Improve high-performance packet sending via multiple
packets/interval (#334)
- Fix statistics report errors (#335)
- Fix BPF filters not being used in tcpbridge (#336)
- Improve tcpbridge performance (#337)
- Only use two libpcap handles for tcpbridge (#338)
- Fix autotools usage errors (#340)
- Clean up 'make test' results (#341)
- Update to AutoGen/AutoOpts 5.9.7 (#342)
- Fix compiler warnings from GCC 4.2 (#344)
- Fix numerous memory corruption bugs in libtcpedit DLT plugin code (#345)
- Add support for editing IPv4 TOS/DiffServ/ECN (#348)
- Update autotools to more recent versions (#349)
- Report injection method via -V (#352)
- Fix DLT_USER l2len check bug (#353)
- Replace man2html w/ groff (#354)
- Fix false pcap_inject() detection under Windows/Winpcap (#355)
- tcpbridge now builds under Win32/Cygwin
- libdnet is no longer an option for Win32/Cygwin (#57)
- tcpbridge now supports --listnics (#357)

--
Aaron Turner
http://synfin.net/

Relevant Pages

  • Weekly Python Patch/Bug Summary
    ... Fix pydoc crashing on unicode strings ... New / Reopened Bugs ... special methods become static ... Incorrect length of unicode strings using .encode ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: 2.6.21-rc7-mm2
    ... a number of nasty bugs were fixed. ... Fix git-agpgart.patch ... rtc: lost some interrupts at 1024Hz. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Does Borland release patches for free?
    ... > If by a stamp you mean a QA stamp, rather than a postage stamp, then ... > production running I want my clients to know that I test my own code ... and it the fix made a huge speed difference, it wasnt a borland fix, ... I have very few bugs ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • 2.6.21-rc7-mm2
    ... a number of nasty bugs were fixed. ... the 64-bit futex patches and the private-futex patches were ... Fix git-agpgart.patch ... IDE tree updates ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Office 2004 SP1 - What did it Fix??
    ... where it takes decades for bugs to ... The fact that this release doesn't fix an issue as obvious as the one ... > MS apparently really is using the Error Reporting to find bugs and to ... So do, everyone, keep sending in reports. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.excel)