Re: Inline serial clustering - Stonegate IPS

Can you please elaborate on 'increase performance and resilience'
and/or what exactly do we want to achieve with clustering ?

It can be either,
1) Active-Active (a-a)
2 ) Active-Passive (a-p)

In any of the above case, we would need to consider if :
a. Does Stonegate has build in functionality?
b. If no built in HA, you would need to be dependent on the connected
L3 devices to do the trick.

Bottom line is you would also need to consider the compatibility of
the connecting devices for a-a or a-p functionality . I know instances
when there are compatibility and other weird issues like, if interface
of switch flaps, IPS will not allow the traffic etc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Aditya Govind Mukadam