From: listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:listbounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Andy Cuff (Talisker)
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 11:12 PM
To: focus-ids@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Talisker Site Returns - Rate/Review IDS Now

Morning, (We are not a vendor, We do not resell products

Thanks to Michele Jordan for doing all the hard work!

Our vendor neutral site has been providing salient detail on every single
Information Security product (good, bad or ugly) since 1999. The effort in
updating the content is both time consuming and costly, therefore we have
now opened it up to allow product users (you) to rate and review the
products and also add/update listings.
http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/

We are hoping that when users select products, they can draw upon this
reference to make a more informed decision based on others peoples
experiences, rather than rely on selecting the market leading product, or
their management succumbing to a good business lunch from the vendor with
the best hospitality budget. Cynical but all too often true.

I am not advocating selection best purely upon other peoples reviews, but
perhaps downsizing the shortlist.

We've divided the IDS/IPS into the following categories, this is dated and
some of the categories are no longer relevant, for instance, I'm considering
recombining IDS and IPS
http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/index.php/component/mtree/IDS-%26-IPS-Prod
ucts.html
Network IDS
Network IPS
Attack Mitigation Systems
Host IDS
Host IPS
SIM's
Application IDS
File Integrity Checkers
Wireless IDS
Honeypots
Network Taps
IDS Load Balancers
Switch Port Mirror Settings

STILL TO DO
Update look and feel
Update content
Use SSL for registration
Migrate SecurityWizardry.com and the radar

Kind Regards

Andy Cuff
Computer Network Defence Ltd
www.SecurityWizardry.com
Skype: Taliskeruk
LinkedIN http://www.linkedin.com/in/andycuff

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to
http://www.coresecurity.com/index.php5?module=Form&action=impact&campaign=in
tro_sfw
to learn more.

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.coresecurity.com/index.php5?module=Form&action=impact&campaign=intro_sfw
to learn more.

  • product reviews
    ... Subject: product reviews ... number of options for perimeter security- firewalls and IDS boxes, ... IDS ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • RE: Talisker Site Returns - Rate/Review IDS Now
    ... evaluation these days to get a PCI DSS product List which is good and ... I will do my best to send you the reviews and the evaluation tests we are ... Talisker Site Returns - Rate/Review IDS Now ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • RE: Talisker Site Returns - Rate/Review IDS Now
    ... share their feelings on the various products, or add new listings. ... Talisker Site Returns - Rate/Review IDS Now ... It's always a great thing to see some reviews of the listed ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • RE: IDS testing...again [WAS: Re: (OpenBSD or Linux)]
    ... Subject: IDS testing...again ... How come vendor Y wasn't in there? ... I think the Mier tests left me with more questions then answers. ... This has been debated quite a bit on this (and other lists) in the past. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • RE: TippingPoint Releases Open Source Code for FirstIntrusionPrevention Test Tool, Tomahawk
    ... Oh, I have to disagree with this, and for a one-word reason: ... geared towards making any one vendor look better than all the others...well, ... > FirstIntrusionPrevention Test Tool, Tomahawk ... > much of a vendor presence as TippingPoint or any other IDS ...
    (Focus-IDS)