How much Commercial IDSes cost?

Hi all,
We would like to purchase a commercial IDS in our institute. Anyone
can give us an idea about the price range of commercial IDS. We need
example prices of both Hardware IDS, Software IDS, Signature-based or
anomaly based. Also, the updating cost of signatures.
Replies from marketing guys as well as rough estimations from others
are welcommed.

Thank you in advance for your kind reply.
Masgad

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.coresecurity.com/index.php5?module=Form&action=impact&campaign=intro_sfw
to learn more.

  • Re: Value of "richer" signatures?
    ... Snort, Dragon, and NFR, and I can tell you that they ... Here's an example of how the newer IDS signatures help ... Let's say you are using a simple packet grepping IDS ... > an FTP connection). ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • RE: Value of "richer" signatures?
    ... Is it that much faster to do "protocol parsing" than ... > Here's an example of how the newer IDS signatures help ... > Let's say you are using a simple packet grepping IDS ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • RE: Testing IDS/IPS Signatures
    ... can a scanner be used to validate the IDS ... True, Nessus can help in testing signatures but IMHO, it has limitations. ... > service features in Nessus and NeWT to see what is in fact ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • RE: Comparing the performance of two IDS products with different architectures
    ... Comparing the performance of two IDS products with different architectures ... An interesting point, “a packet is only tested for a signature when needed, and not when it isn't ... and only tests signatures that apply to those contents. ... could argue all day long about the strengths and weaknesses of “pattern matching” vs “protocol ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: How to choose an IDS/FW MSS provider
    ... > people's IDS technologies, their opaqueness drives a constant nagging ... not becuase your signatures are open. ... NFR is not a free ... >> Senior Systems Engineer ...
    (Focus-IDS)