Re: HIDS for Windows, Windowsmobile and Symbian.

--On June 4, 2007 3:09:01 PM +0200 Hans Gartemann <roterriese@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

i only know the IDS-World from the *ix side and now i am looking for
some open source HIDS for Windows, Windows mobile and Symbian. Are there
some HIDS for these systems? I read about openhids(windows), but it
seems not really active. Are some of you running some open source HIDS
in productiv enviroments? Are there at all HIDS for Symbian and Windows
mobile?

Sure. Look at OSSEC - www.ossec.net

It does Windows. Don't know about Windows mobile or Symbian.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/

  • RE: OMA issues with SBS
    ... we need to install the Windows Mobile ... Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center is a new application that you can ... You cannot install or run Microsoft ActiveSync on Windows Vista. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: PPC, Win CE, Win Mobile?
    ... >A conversation with Symbol left me believing that Windows Mobile for PPC is ... very hard to lock down a Pocket PC/Windows Mobile device. ... My solution is to build for HPC Pro. ... been programming for Windows CE since the Palm-PCs (Pocket PC ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
  • Re: Playing fullscreen video
    ... the sample in the Windows Mobile 6 SDK compiled and ran fine under WM5. ... I've only been able to get DirectShow to play uncompressed AVI, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.app.development)
  • Re: Mobile 5.0 application for Mobile 2003 Pocket PC
    ... > using functionality that is only found in WM 5. ... > can't just add a reference to the Windows Mobile DLLs and get Windows.Mobile ... >> I though the references used in the new development kit would allow me to ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
  • Re: CeAppMgr and Vista
    ... Your second sample removed embedded blanks from the middle of a name where I don't know if some Windows CE tools might or might not have trouble with blanks. ... In Windows Mobile setup files we learned to avoid blank spaces where they ... > "Application Manager cannot install this application on your mobile ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)