Computer tresspassers - no expectation of privacy

Under U.S. law, there is no expectation of privacy for computer tresspassers. I am not an attorney, but I would think that if the router is encrypted and requires breaking into for access, then the use of this program is ok by law. This appears to be the intended use.

I guess my original question was more about this concept of "intruder identification" - i.e. being able to actually figure out in real time who the trespasser is by performing some analysis on what they are doing, or have done. By the time law enforcement gets involved, the trespasser is usually long gone.

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.coresecurity.com/index.php5?module=Form&action=impact&campaign=intro_sfw
to learn more.