Re: IDS Security Metris

On 4 Apr 2007 21:29:44 -0000, jlynnmonett@xxxxxxxxx
<jlynnmonett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Could someone help me. I need to create a list of 10 security metrics for a IDS.

sadly, in the real world, things don't often come in nice round numbers.

Offhand, I can think of false negative rate, false positive rate, how
many Mbit/s it can keep up with, cost and how many real attacks are
covered in the ruleset. The last one I installed, the questions asked
were basically, is it a good idea (yes) and can we afford it (also
yes).

cheers,
Jamie
--
Jamie Riden, CISSP / jamesr@xxxxxxxxxx / jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
UK Honeynet Project: http://www.ukhoneynet.org/

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.coresecurity.com/index.php5?module=Form&action=impact&campaign=intro_sfw to learn more.