Re: Bittorrent - utorrent

This is really the only effective solution. After all, using iptables and
mangle can thwart just about anything. I thwart my ISP by re-writing the TOS
value to 0x10 for every packet. Since its too expensive for an ISP to write
TOS values tor anything other then packets in a NEW connection state, my
first minute of downloading is slow, then I'm back up to maxing out my pipe.
Despite complex QOS rules.

The only real effective solution is to somewhat limit bandwidth to burst
bandwidth, and then limit the number of connections per machine to some low
number like 20. Bittorent works off of swarming, and generally needs more
than 20 hosts to end up going quite fast. Those two in combination will
probably make bittorent quite painful to use.