Snort rules to detect malformed http scanning

I would liek to add rule to my snort database which can block scanning of malformed urls.

We are runnning our website in CGI which eventually generated mix of java script based HTml code.

Few days back we are experiencing traffic from scanners and bots which scans our website for PHP files,which we don't have.

I would like to block IP addresses of this types of scan genration.

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.coresecurity.com/index.php5?module=Form&action=impact&campaign=intro_sfw
to learn more.

  • Re: Quixote Question
    ... so I would like to do it using python CGI. ... If you want a ready-to-use server (without having to set up ... > I still seem my website as a bunch of HTML pages, ... just serve it as static content trough snakelets too ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • VB CGI query of MySQL... best method?
    ... What's the best method to use in a VB CGI access a MySQL DB for a high volume web site? ... A couple of years ago I wrote a VB CGI that retrieves data from a MS Access DB for display to the web. ... I need to move the DB to another server on the same LAN that the web server is connected to. ... I intend to have the business software operating on the same DB as the website so the website DB never has to be updated. ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.database)
  • Re: Simple web MOTD / webupdate
    ... Periodically the application would check a website to ... Write a server side cgi that detects the latest ... Hit the cgi and compare. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • problem with redirect in CGI
    ... WE are using the redirect command in the code below, ... tried to do a redirect from my cgi directory and use this cgi script as the ... How can I some how make it go to my website and act as if the product_url is ... PS. the url works in some sites like froogle. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Organising web-database searches
    ... I would like to be able to use FrontPage 2003 to construct a website which ... However you can take advantage of cgi space on your account by writing the ... learn yet another skill (PHP, ... use an ASP-hosting web provider? ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage)