RE: IDS testing tools

An interesting product for IDS solutions can be found at
http://www.bladesoftware.net/prod_ids.html

-----Original Message-----
From: lcars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:lcars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 9:59 PM
To: focus-ids@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IDS testing tools

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 05:12:42PM -0000, revnic@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,
You can test your IDS with IDSwakeup.

Or FTester: http://dev.inversepath.com/trac/ftester

Cheers

--
Andrea Barisani Inverse Path Ltd
Chief Security Engineer -----> <--------

<andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> http://www.inversepath.com
0x864C9B9E 0A76 074A 02CD E989 CE7F AC3F DA47 578E 864C 9B9E
"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate"

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from
CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.

  • Re: IDS Evaluation
    ... vulnerability scanning). ... We actually include a limited license copy of Core Impact with our ... Evaluation boxes that we ship so people can easily evaluate our IPS ... >> about the accuracy of the ids. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: RE: IDS testing tools
    ... Nessus is a bad choice to test IDS as it is a vulnerability scanner. ... >Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from CORE ... >with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: Host Based IDS
    ... Assunto: RE: Host Based IDS ... Anitian Enterprise Security ... with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • RE: IDS
    ... Subject: IDS ... Safe Access that does pretty much what you describe. ... Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from ... with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • RE: IDS event filtering
    ... It is important to avoid tuning out real attacks when they happen by having over-pruned the inside attack tree... ... > ingress - egress firewall rules, IDS configs, or whatever. ... > CORE IMPACT. ... > Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from ...
    (Focus-IDS)