Re: IDS testing tools

On 21 Aug 2006 16:44:07 -0000, jarleay@xxxxxxxxx <jarleay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm currently trying to find tools to test my IDS setup. I'm having problems finding active web pages where I can download tools like SNOT and STICK for download.

1. Do you guys have any good sites that work properly for download?

2. Do you recommend other good tools for testing? This is only a small LAN with one IDS

3. Should I run the attacking machine on Winxp or some linux version? I'm most familiar with windows :(

Hello,

This is probably the most frequently asked question in the history of
all intrusion detection-related newsgroups.

http://seclists.org/focus-ids/2004/Nov/0040.html

Sincerely,

Richard

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708 to learn more.