Re: IDS testing tools

On 21 Aug 2006 16:44:07 -0000, jarleay@xxxxxxxxx <jarleay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm currently trying to find tools to test my IDS setup. I'm having problems finding active web pages where I can download tools like SNOT and STICK for download.

1. Do you guys have any good sites that work properly for download?

2. Do you recommend other good tools for testing? This is only a small LAN with one IDS

3. Should I run the attacking machine on Winxp or some linux version? I'm most familiar with windows :(

Hello,

This is probably the most frequently asked question in the history of
all intrusion detection-related newsgroups.

http://seclists.org/focus-ids/2004/Nov/0040.html

Sincerely,

Richard

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708 to learn more.

  • IDS testing tools
    ... I'm currently trying to find tools to test my IDS setup. ... I'm having problems finding active web pages where I can download tools like SNOT and STICK for download. ... Should I run the attacking machine on Winxp or some linux version? ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: New Patch Fixes 43 Flaws In OS X, Many Serious
    ... Process *ids* aren't tied to user ids; ... Try it yourself; download a text file ... Evil code, and execute. ... have to hand-install the widgets, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: IDS Opinions
    ... what is the throughput requirement for the IDS. ... options then the best fit will be Snort or CA. Snort is a freeware with ... >I recommend you to download the trial and test it yourself... ... >Subject: IDS Opinions ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: MSSP / IDS Selection
    ... If you're still trying to determine whether or not to go with an MSS vs ... For those customers we often recommend ... Perhaps you are looking for the managed IDS without ... It appears to offer services that Snort does not, ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: Corrupt Identities?
    ... Uncheck the option to download xxx headers as suggested. ... Then reset the NGs. ... had to be fine now but those same IDs even though they are setup to ... I just doublechecked all the settings and there are three IDs that are giving the undesirable results while three newer ones are fine. ...