Re: Worm attack generation tools

miaomitiff119 wrote:
Hi,:)
Does anyone know any tools which can be used to simulate attack traffic
(especially traffic pattern of worm attacks)?

With the usual caveats on the uselessness of running IDS evaluations
without fully planning them:
http://blackhat.com/presentations/bh-federal-06/BH-Fed-06-Zanero.pdf

Here is the tool you probably want:
http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?coll=GUIDE&dl=GUIDE&id=1028799

Best,
Stefano Zaner

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.

  • RE: Intrusion Prevention
    ... Coverage what can it detect; this covers basic attacks, ... IDS purchase. ... While doing these implementations and while working in an IDS vendor I ... sometimes we're told that we cannot see the testing methodology upfront. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • RE: Changes in IDS Companies?
    ... This means you need a standard IDS sitting behind it/next to it watching the ... Things like port scans and DoS attacks ... >>> If people are running insecure web servers, ... > Pretty sad state of affairs, when people don't update their patches at ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • RE: Best Method(s) for signature verification.
    ... on this list - and other IDS lists - for the means to test their IDS ... When I say we use IDS Informer for our signature recognition testing, ... should point out that we do NOT use all the default attacks! ... (IIS attacks run against Apache web servers on Unix - "real ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: How to choose an IDS/FW MSS provider
    ... First, "recording everything" is not what IDS's were EVER meant for, ... others can create "audit" trails of every web request, every mail, every ... >detect attacks by inspecting layer 3 headers for prohibited IP ... >facility with an IDS or IPS deployed. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: Alarming (was protocol analysis)
    ... Obviously, there are different ways to "detect" attacks, but John uses the ... no one should ever "rely" on any IDS for our ... As for Johns Metaphor of the motion sensor vs the pressure sensor, ... toward Intrusion Prevention as opposed to just Intrusion Detection. ...
    (Focus-IDS)