What type of IDS should I use?

Hi all,

I've been using in-place scanners such as snort in the past, but now we want to roll out clients to our user computers and servers in remote offices, to inspect traffic and generate real-time alerts.

Are there any client solutions that will do this? I am the only Linux guy on staff, so a Linux-heavy solution won't sit well with the other IT folks here.

Thanks

Mike

The information contained in this message and any attachment to it may be privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message and please delete it from your system. Please also note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.

  • Re: Best practices
    ... I understand that clients in one DC will use both the NTP servers in the ... remote offices "prefer" one of the servers from the DC that serves two. ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • Re: Help with setting up Sites.
    ... Site A - respresenting physical site B ... servers is increasing by the day. ... Do you have any DCs at SiteB? ... clients servers in the relevant sites to authenticate against them. ...
  • Re: ntp server pool advice
    ... all clients are independent to each other and connected to adsl. ... six ntp servers are located in each site ... Can clients and/or servers communicate with both private and public addresses? ... Subject: ntp server pool advice ...
    (comp.protocols.time.ntp)
  • Re: adding machine to domain with NATed IPs
    ... sounds that the DCs are not reaching the>> clients ... can the servers pint the clients by IP and Name? ... we specified these IPs as DNS server within ...
  • Re: Computer Browsing Service - anyone want to contribute for a good conversation?
    ... Do you have all client machines and servers ... Browse lists are built and exchanged by the computer browser service. ... It doesn't matter which subnet your clients are in. ... The most common cause of master browser failures is multihomed ...