From: Gopinath_Ramamoorthy@xxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:Gopinath_Ramamoorthy@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2006 12:58 AM
To: focus-ids@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IDS

Dear Team...

I have used few IDS in my network, doesn't found them working in the way
i wanted.
My requirement is when there is a machine / laptop are connected to my
network, which is not updated with the current Patches, Security updates
which is being approved needs to be reported to the Sys admin and
immediate necessary steps would be taken.
Is it possible to have this & if so suggest me the options pls.

Regards,
Gopi

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from
CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.

This e-mail and any documents transmitted with it are the property of SOUTHBank F.S.B. ® and/or its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is confidential, and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity the e-mail is addressed to. If you have reason
to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail or attachments is strictly prohibited.

SOUTHBank, F.S.B. and/or its subsidiary or affiliate companies do not endorse the use of unsolicited e-mail. If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error or you do not wish to receive these types of e-mail, please notify us by forwarding this message to remove@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.

  • Re: anomaly IDS ideas ?
    ... algorithm which tries to find outliers on network traffic. ... should issue an alert if the host opens a port which wasnt open before ... Test Your IDS ... with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: IDS and NMS
    ... Start by designing and installing a network. ... Next, a more detailed view of the network is required, so a NMS is ... the network administrator wants to see what ... This is where integrating the IDS console into the NMS makes sense. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: "false positive" inanity
    ... So Mr. Snyder is asking for an IDS that does not need to be configured? ... maximum control of his/her network. ... attack. ... > assuming that it is not an intrusion. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: Secure Network Design (DMZ, LAN, etc)
    ... I'd like one outside the firewall and one ... I assumed I could make the first IDS ... should I have the IDS listening on the 192.168.1.0/24 network as well (web ... >Since the whole world will need access to your web servers, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Need some information on HIDS!
    ... I have already invoked such a scenario in some of my previous IDS ... What I had in mind is something like encrypting the whole ... network traffic, to prevent sniffing from intruders (let's say wall-to-wall ... analysing and displaying logs. ...
    (Focus-IDS)