IDS

Dear Team...

I have used few IDS in my network, doesn't found them working in the way i wanted.
My requirement is when there is a machine / laptop are connected to my network, which is not updated with the current Patches, Security updates which is being approved needs to be reported to the Sys admin and immediate necessary steps would be taken.
Is it possible to have this & if so suggest me the options pls.

Regards,
Gopi

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.

  • Re: anomaly IDS ideas ?
    ... algorithm which tries to find outliers on network traffic. ... should issue an alert if the host opens a port which wasnt open before ... Test Your IDS ... with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: IDS and NMS
    ... Start by designing and installing a network. ... Next, a more detailed view of the network is required, so a NMS is ... the network administrator wants to see what ... This is where integrating the IDS console into the NMS makes sense. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: "false positive" inanity
    ... So Mr. Snyder is asking for an IDS that does not need to be configured? ... maximum control of his/her network. ... attack. ... > assuming that it is not an intrusion. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: Secure Network Design (DMZ, LAN, etc)
    ... I'd like one outside the firewall and one ... I assumed I could make the first IDS ... should I have the IDS listening on the 192.168.1.0/24 network as well (web ... >Since the whole world will need access to your web servers, ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: which attacks will generate false positive or false negative?
    ... addresses of the servers on your network that are allowed to do DNS Zone ... you first install a Network IDS, snmpwalks may trigger from your network ... Matt brings up the point of alerts to things that didn't have any ... you're not sure of the best way to tune out false positives during your ...
    (Focus-IDS)