Re: RE: IPS Market Share

In my experience, this is marketing hype. Nobody is running "their default recommended settings" and only 10-20 signatures (if any) are run in prevention mode.
It'd be interesting to hear some of the experiences people had deploying IPS.
For us it's a short story. We got a high profile brand system, ran it for a while in "learning"/detection only mode and then decided to keep running it like that for now :)

Raj

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.

  • Re: Is Fax Dead Yet?
    ... Now I use a web-to-fax service for 10 cents per outgoing fax. ... nobody can fax in but nobody does anyways.. ... Fax # on business cards ... Signatures on docs gets things ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Is Fax Dead Yet?
    ... Now I use a web-to-fax service for 10 cents per outgoing fax. ... nobody can fax in but nobody does anyways.. ... Fax # on business cards ... Signatures on docs gets things ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Is Fax Dead Yet?
    ... nobody can fax in but nobody does anyways.. ... Fax # on business cards ... Signatures on docs gets things ... The non-signed PDF ...