Re: Skype & IPS vendor claims

check out this presentation for more details on Skype's internals than
most people can grok:

I've mirrored it here since that link is sometimes slow:

On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 11:06 -0400, ROB DIXON wrote:
Has anyone, tried to connect and run ethereal to see where it is
connecting? Does it change everytime?

Unless the client updates its connection info everytime, in preparation
for the next login, wouldn't the client always connect to the same host
name or IP for the initial login?

Does Skype own a block of public Ips? Block em all :-)

I may be off track here. My wife tells me that all the time ;-)

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to
to learn more.