IPS test machine

I am wondering how others are using a single machine with 2 dedicated test
nics. I want to send data from one interface to another using the wires and
not the loopback interface. Specifically I want to try to use analysis
software from 10.1.1.1 on interface A through the IPS and back to interface
B where I will be listening. The purpose is to test an IPS I have. Any
ideas?

-Terry

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.

  • Re: Desired behaviour of "ifconfig -alias"
    ... > For a set of IPs in the same subnet on the same interface, ... > the primary IP be the one with the proper netmask, ... alias Establish an additional network address for this interface. ... inet 88.198.173.154 netmask 0xfffffff8 broadcast 88.198.173.159 ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Retrieve an element from an array
    ... I'm writing my personal firewall from scratch using bash 2.05b and ... set more restrictive rules for individual ips (but that later as I'll figure ... # The lines below defines the interface of which the firewall will take care ... The problem lies in the way how I do define an array INTIF0INTIP- the ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • SUMMARY: controlling source IP addresses ?
    ... using or seem like coming from while several IPs were configured on the ... NIC that the application was using on the server. ... Marks the logical interface as deprecated. ... The issue I have is that, from an external point of view, connections seem ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Retrieve an element from an array
    ... >> I'm writing my personal firewall from scratch using bash 2.05b and>> iptables...The script I'm attempt to write must set automatically default>> rules for ips, respective interface and network or>> set more restrictive rules for individual ips (but that later as I'll figure>> out how to solve the problem with retrieving an array called by a string ... >> #Number of interfaces to maintain by firewall ... >> # The lines below defines the interface of which the firewall will take care>> of. ... > array with that name. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Two internet connections
    ... I've brought up the interface on one of the ips, ... to the other ip on the other subnet. ... on the router, and I'm wondering how to get this setup to work. ...
    (freebsd-questions)