Re: IM & P2P packets

Probably one of the simplest and cheapest things you could do would be
to sniff data on your network for certain ports. All the P2P software
use unique ports, get a list of say the top20 P2P networks and their
ports and you'll probably the get results you're after.

If you have an IDS you could configure some signatures to alarm on per
port/per session traffic.

Regards,
Lachlan