Re: Remote IDS Testing

I primarily use Metasploit and Scapy for my testing.

http://www.metasploit.com/
http://www.secdev.org/projects/scapy/

Enjoy!

_Raju

On 11/27/05, Lachlan Bowes <lachlan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There are many open source vulnerability scanners out there. Nessus is
> one of the more popular and its very easy to use.
>
> If you're looking for a way to test if your IDS then running scans on
> your ip block with nessus should trigger plenty of alerts.
>
> There are plenty of open source pen testing tools available.
> www.insecure.org/tools.html to list a few.
>
> Regards,
> Lachlan
>

> On Thu, 2005-11-24 at 11:47 -0500, just1coder wrote:
> > Could someone point me to a few remote IDS testing locations? I would
> > like to have my IP block scanned by a third party tool / application for
> > vulnerabilities. Any downloadable tools too would be great.

> > Test Your IDS
> >
> > Is your IDS deployed correctly?
> > Find out quickly and easily by testing it
> > with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
> > Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
> > to learn more.

> Test Your IDS
>
> Is your IDS deployed correctly?
> Find out quickly and easily by testing it
> with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
> Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
> to learn more.

May the packets be with you.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Remote IDS Testing
    ... There are many open source vulnerability scanners out there. ... If you're looking for a way to test if your IDS then running scans on ... your ip block with nessus should trigger plenty of alerts. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: Worm generating network attack traffic?
    ... You bring up a good point, but not all Nessus checks are ... with benign payloads and check for a known-vulnerable response. ... should be sufficient to generate an IDS alert. ... FWIW, I have found tools such as Core Impact, Metasploit, and Canvas ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: IDS Evaluation
    ... >about the accuracy of the ids. ... Nessus has a lot of anti-ids features which still bypass some systems ... the NeWT scanner which does not have a cost for Class-C usage. ... However, when you run vuln scanners against an IDS, you only really ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: free hIDS, or system assessment tools
    ... Of course if you plug Nessus and then mention windows, ... check out NeWT 2.1 when we release it later this week. ... And just to bring it back to an IDS discussion, ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: Best Method(s) for signature verifcation.
    ... > Nessus that means you'll be getting a lot of false positives with it. ... > IDS Inforner, Impact, Nexpose and of course a collection of goodies from ... important thing: look at what your test tool ...
    (Focus-IDS)