Re: RPC Evasion techniques

From: Dave Aitel (dave_at_immunitysec.com)
Date: 10/28/05

    Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 04:21:38 -0400
    To: tcp fin <inet_inaddr@yahoo.com>

    Here are two openoffice presentations on the subject.
    http://www.immunitysec.com/downloads/canvas_reference_implementation.sxi
    http://www.immunitysec.com/downloads/Practical_IDS_Evasion.sxi

    These sorts of things still work pretty well, especially against the
    faster IDS's, although the techniques are easier to do on DCE-RPC than
    ONCRPC.

    -dave

    tcp fin wrote:
    > Hi Guys ,
    > Any tips and tricks or good article on IDS/IPS evasion
    > ?
    > I have beautiful paper "Insertion, Evasion and Denial
    > of Service:
    > Eluding Network Intrusion detection".
    > I need some pointers on RPC based evasion techniques.
    >
    > Regards,
    > TCP FIN .
    >

    > __________________________________
    > http://mail.yahoo.com

    Test Your IDS

    Is your IDS deployed correctly?
    Find out quickly and easily by testing it
    with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
    Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
    to learn more.

    • Re: English by committee (of monkeys)
      ... They are taught to take the approach you describe. ... The selling techniques are taught by people who study ... If the technique didn't work with engineers, ... sorts of people could get it wrong? ...
      (alt.usage.english)
    • Re: Yo-Yo Ma Big Box From Amazon
      ... but I never heard any "technical shortcomings" in Yo-Yo's ... playing,and I have seen him live dozens of times in all sorts of ... I'm really looking forward to hearing all those cellists with techniques so superior to his that they put him far down a list of the best technicians. ...
      (rec.music.classical.recordings)