Re: Open source GUI for Snort

From: Mark Ryan del Moral Talabis (talabis_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/13/05

    Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 07:42:37 +0800
    To: bcihak@gmail.com

    This is not a management console but we're currently working on a
    monitoring and reporting tool for Snort that focuses on Intrusion
    graphs. It's still in the works but we'll probably be able to do a
    first release a month from now. It generates the data sections of our
    website:

    http://www.philippinehoneynet.org
    http://www.philippinehoneynet.org/data.php

    Cheers!
    Ryan Talabis
    Philippine Honeynet Project

    On 10/12/05, Jim McCullough <jwmccull@bellsouth.net> wrote:
    > Joel, you made a minor error on the url.
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/secureideas/
    >
    > Jim McCullough
    >

    > Joel Esler wrote:
    >
    > >Feeling a slight bit of addition... BASE
    > >http://www.souceforge.net/projects/secureideas is the successor to
    > >ACID and it is recommended, if you are going to use the Web based
    > >interface of ACID, to go ahead and upgrade to BASE.
    > >
    > >Joel Esler
    > >
    > >On 10/7/05, Ramon Kagan <rkagan@yorku.ca> wrote:
    > >

    > >>Greetings,
    > >>
    > >>You may want to look at Aanval (www.aanval.com) it has both a free and
    > >>licensed model. You can configure up to 5 sensors on the free version.
    > >>Personally I prefer to manage my sensors manually, as they require
    > >>different settings based on the area of the network they reside.
    > >>
    > >>Regards,
    > >>
    > >>Ramon Kagan, GCIA
    > >>York University, Computing and Network Services
    > >>Information Security - Senior Information Security Analyst
    > >>(416)736-2100 #20263
    > >>rkagan@yorku.ca
    > >>
    > >>----------------------------------- ------------------------------------
    > >>I have not failed. I have just I don't know the secret to success,
    > >>found 10,000 ways that don't work. but the secret to failure is
    > >> trying to please everybody.
    > >> - Thomas Edison - Bill Cosby
    > >>----------------------------------- ------------------------------------

    > >>Test Your IDS
    > >>
    > >>Is your IDS deployed correctly?
    > >>Find out quickly and easily by testing it
    > >>with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
    > >>Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
    > >>to learn more.

    > >Test Your IDS
    > >
    > >Is your IDS deployed correctly?
    > >Find out quickly and easily by testing it
    > >with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
    > >Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
    > >to learn more.

    > Test Your IDS
    >
    > Is your IDS deployed correctly?
    > Find out quickly and easily by testing it
    > with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
    > Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
    > to learn more.

    Test Your IDS

    Is your IDS deployed correctly?
    Find out quickly and easily by testing it
    with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
    Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
    to learn more.

    • Re: Open source GUI for Snort
      ... ACID and it is recommended, if you are going to use the Web based ... > Information Security - Senior Information Security Analyst ... > with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT. ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: SNORT + Win32
      ... BASE is under active development and is a fork ... from the original ACID codebase. ... > Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from ... > CORE IMPACT. ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: Open source GUI for Snort
      ... Joel Esler wrote: ... >interface of ACID, to go ahead and upgrade to BASE. ... >with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT. ...
      (Focus-IDS)