Re: Open source GUI for Snort

From: Jim McCullough (jwmccull_at_bellsouth.net)
Date: 10/12/05

    Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:01:40 -0400
    To: Joel Esler <eslerj@gmail.com>

    Joel, you made a minor error on the url.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/secureideas/

    Jim McCullough

    Joel Esler wrote:

    >Feeling a slight bit of addition... BASE
    >http://www.souceforge.net/projects/secureideas is the successor to
    >ACID and it is recommended, if you are going to use the Web based
    >interface of ACID, to go ahead and upgrade to BASE.
    >
    >Joel Esler
    >
    >On 10/7/05, Ramon Kagan <rkagan@yorku.ca> wrote:
    >

    >>Greetings,
    >>
    >>You may want to look at Aanval (www.aanval.com) it has both a free and
    >>licensed model. You can configure up to 5 sensors on the free version.
    >>Personally I prefer to manage my sensors manually, as they require
    >>different settings based on the area of the network they reside.
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>
    >>Ramon Kagan, GCIA
    >>York University, Computing and Network Services
    >>Information Security - Senior Information Security Analyst
    >>(416)736-2100 #20263
    >>rkagan@yorku.ca
    >>
    >>----------------------------------- ------------------------------------
    >>I have not failed. I have just I don't know the secret to success,
    >>found 10,000 ways that don't work. but the secret to failure is
    >> trying to please everybody.
    >> - Thomas Edison - Bill Cosby
    >>----------------------------------- ------------------------------------
    >>
    >>On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, bcihak@gmail.com wrote:
    >>

    >>>I'm trying to find some open source/free Gui's for snort. I know about ACID, Sentarus, SGUIL, Bright Tools snort solution, and Nagios. I have several snort boxes and what I'm looking for is a why to manage all of the events in one place/managment console. What would be even better is something that would also allow you to update all of your snort boxes. Any thought, or ideas?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>
    >>>Bcihak

    >>>Test Your IDS
    >>>
    >>>Is your IDS deployed correctly?
    >>>Find out quickly and easily by testing it
    >>>with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
    >>>Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
    >>>to learn more.

    >>Test Your IDS
    >>
    >>Is your IDS deployed correctly?
    >>Find out quickly and easily by testing it
    >>with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
    >>Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
    >>to learn more.

    >Test Your IDS
    >
    >Is your IDS deployed correctly?
    >Find out quickly and easily by testing it
    >with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
    >Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
    >to learn more.

    Test Your IDS

    Is your IDS deployed correctly?
    Find out quickly and easily by testing it
    with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
    Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
    to learn more.

    • Re: Open source GUI for Snort
      ... >>interface of ACID, to go ahead and upgrade to BASE. ... >>Joel Esler ... > with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT. ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: Open source GUI for Snort
      ... ACID and it is recommended, if you are going to use the Web based ... > Information Security - Senior Information Security Analyst ... > with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT. ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: SNORT + Win32
      ... BASE is under active development and is a fork ... from the original ACID codebase. ... > Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from ... > CORE IMPACT. ...
      (Focus-IDS)