Re: HIDS solution for NT4 machines

bcihak_at_gmail.com
Date: 10/06/05

    Date: 6 Oct 2005 14:37:14 -0000
    To: focus-ids@securityfocus.com

    ('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) We did think about putting an IDS/IPS device in front of the NT4 machines or even a Cisco Pix FW, but the expense knocked that idea down. Some of the boxes are already on segregated networks in some of our manufacturing plants, but someone could plug an infected system up unknowingly to that network segment and then game over. I know we're not the only company out there that unfortunately has NT4 machines running, I'm just surprised that there's not a company out there servicing this area.

    I looked at Osiris and am trying to figure out if that will work for our needs or not. I'd appreciate any other software/hardware ideas you guys might have.

    Thank!

    Bcihak

    Test Your IDS

    Is your IDS deployed correctly?
    Find out quickly and easily by testing it
    with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
    Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
    to learn more.

    • IDS evaluations procedures
      ... ('binary' encoding is not supported, ... Dave ... Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from ... CORE IMPACT. ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Re: detecting "intrusion detection"
      ... ('binary' encoding is not supported, ... with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT. ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Open source GUI for Snort
      ... ('binary' encoding is not supported, ... Bcihak ... with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT. ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Value of IDS, ROI
      ... ('binary' encoding is not supported, ... Jason ... Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from ... CORE IMPACT. ...
      (Focus-IDS)
    • Domino Web Servers & HIDS
      ... ('binary' encoding is not supported, ... Nick Hunt ... Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from ... CORE IMPACT. ...
      (Focus-IDS)